Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Sheriff's Sweetheart - Laurie Kingery




Summary from the back of the book:

He needs to turn his life around…

And Simpson Creek, Texas,
is the perfect place to do it.
On the run from his dangerous past,
Sam Bishop is happy to find a town seeking
"marriage-minded bachelors."
A wealthy wife is just what he needs
to make his gambling problems disappear.
But when Prissy Gilmore catches Sam's eye,
she proves to be much more than a rich match.
Sam wants to deserve her,
wants to become sheriff and protect
her hometown—wants to be the man she
believes him to be. Yet the true test is waiting,
when his past returns to challenge his future.


Okay, so I've liked EVERY single book by Laurie Kingery. Well this one I don't know it just didn't do it for me. I liked it but I didn't LOVE it. It was the typical boy has a bad past, boy meets good girl, girl changes the boy to good. Pretty much the plot. What I did like was she incorporated the girls in the past previous books Milly and Sarah. You got to read Milly and Sarah's stories continue. I'm hoping the next book in the series will be better. I don't know as of now what girl in the Spinster's Club it will be.

I give this book a solid four stars.


My next book will be another Julies Klassen, The Apothecary's Daughter.

No comments: