Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gunpowder Green - Laura Childs



Summary Of This Book:
The indigo Tea Shop, Charleston's favourite spot of tea, has just come out with its latest flavour: Gunpowder Green. Theodosia Browning cannot wait to hear its praises as it is unveiled at the annual yacht race. But when she hears the crack of an antique gun meant to end the race, a member of Charleston's elite falls dead. Theodosia has a hunch that his demise was no accident - and will go out of her way to prove it. But if she doesn't act fast, Theo will find herself in hot water with some boiling-mad Charlestonians - and more than a little gun-chai . . .

I loved the first book of this series! And I LOVE this book! I mean a book with tea and mystery? Oh, yeah!
In this book Theodosia's reputation of crime solver has gotten big, since she solved a mystery a couple months ago. Someone comes to Theodosia to help her brother get his named cleared for the murder of Oliver Dixon. So Theodosia puts on her detective hat and gets to work. Theodosia goes to extreme lengths to help this girl. Unfortunately, Theodosia goes a little too far. She is threatened by one of the suspects! Then her tea shop is threatened by another one of the suspects.
In this book Drayton does something at the Indigo Tea Shop that sounds SO good! He does a mystery tea! Pretty much you go to the shop and you eat fancy food, drink delicious tea, and solve a mystery! So cool! I want to one!
There's not much I can say about this book without giving away something important. Just know it's a good book.


Emily's Rating Of This Book:



On another note, my health declined Thursday night. I woke up Thursday night, coughing really bad, and with a MAJOR headache. I have to note I have headaches EVERY SINGLE day, but this headache was NOTHING like those. It was like the one I have every time my Pseudo Tumor Cerebri acts up. I walked out of my room just going to get some cough medicine. But when my mom saw me she said I was really pale (I also get really pale when it acts up). She asked me to check my eyesight, cause that was the deal breaker. If my eyesight is blurry I need to go back to the hospital. I checked my eyesight, and it was blurry, especially my right eye, which was the one that caused me a lot of trouble. I told my mom and she said that's it I'm calling the doctor (Yes we have my special doctor's cell phone number). The doctor called the hospital, and set it into motion. So at 11:30 PM we headed off to the hospital. I was checked in but the hospital was on red alert, so I had to wait. It was not till 3:30 AM that I got a room. So in short I was MISERABLE for five hours till I was able to get some pain medicine. They decided to wait till the morning to do the spinal tap. At about 9 in the morning I was rushed into a surgical spinal tap. Making my total to eight spinal taps, and 35 holes in my back. My opening pressure was 25, which is high, but not as high as the first time. They took off 18 ccs of spinal fluid and made the pressure to 16. So I was sent home, a couple hours after the spinal tap. My back is still swollen and it HURTS but at least I'm home!

My next book will be Hometown Hearts by Jillian Harts.


God bless!

No comments: