Monday, January 30, 2012

Michael Vey: Prisoner of Cell 25 - Richard Paul Evans



Summary Of This Book:
To everyone at Meridian High School, fourteen-year-old
Michael Vey is nothing special, just the kid who has
Tourette's syndrome. But in truth, Michael is
extremely special--he has electric powers. Michael
thinks he is unique until he discovers that a
cheerleader named Taylor has the same mysterious
powers. With the help of Michael's friend, Ostin,
the three of them set out to discover how Michael
and Taylor ended up with their abilities, and their
investigation soon brings them to the attention of
a powerful group who wants to control the electric
teens--and through them, the world. With only his
powers, his wits, and his friends to protect him,
Michael will need all his strength to survive....

I was asked to critique this book on a local radio station! I was over the moon ecstatic! I was personally asked by the person of the radio station! It's a way to use my interest for something! So I was ordered a copy and I set to work reading!
This book is SO out of the genre I usually read. But I LOVED it! It got me hooked by the first chapter, and I don't think I was ever unhooked from it! I wasn't sure I would like it, cause it's not the kind of book I would read.
I loved that the main character, Michael Vey, wasn't some popular kid like how it usually is. He's picked on and he also has Tourette's syndrome. But what most people don't know about him is he has a super power. He is electrical, and can shock people, or anything metal! And he's not the only one... Taylor Ridley, the most popular girl in school, also has a super power. She can reboot people, making them forget what their doing. She can also read minds as long as she's touching the person. When she finds out Michael's like her, she is determined to find out how they are like they are. She then finds out that they were born in the same hospital, just a couple days apart.
Michael and Taylor team up with the help of Michael's super genius friend Ostin, to find out how they became electrical. They find out that there's ten other kids just like them!
One of my favorite characters in the book other than Michael and Taylor was Ostin, Michael's friend. He was hilarious! His brain is FILLED with some useless some very interesting facts. If you say one thing he will go into a monologue of that specific thing! A lot of times Michael or Taylor would stop him from rambling on. Ostin kinda reminded me of one of my friends. He is wickedly smart, and knows A LOT of facts! Maybe that's why I liked Ostin so much! :D Also Ostin thinks he's a ladies man, but really he's not. He hits on every girl, including Michael's mom! He was constantly saying to Michael "Dude, your mom's hot!" LOL
Even though this book is TOTALLY different than what I usually read I cannot wait for the next book in the series! You can bet I'll be waiting impatiently for August!

Emily's Rating For This Book:

This rating does not even come close to the awesomeness of this book! But that's as high as my rating goes is five stars, but just know I would give it MUCH higher!

My next book is the next book in the Tea Shop Mystery series by Laura Childs, Gunpowder Green.


God bless!

1 comment:

NeeCee said...

Just read Gunpowder Green and loved it!