Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Cowboy's Touch - Denise Hunter



Summary of this book:
Four years ago, rodeo celebrity Wade Ryan gave up his
identity to protect his daughter. Now, settled on a
ranch in Big Sky Country, he lives in obscurity,
his heart guarded by a high, thick fence.

Abigail Jones isn't sure how she went from big-city
columnist to small-town nanny, but her new charge is
growing on her, to say nothing of her ruggedly
handsome boss. Love blossoms between
Abigail and Wade--despite her better judgment.
Will the secrets she brought with her to Moose Creek,
Montana separate her from the cowboy who finally
captured her heart?

Denise Hunter was recommended by another author I read Colleen Coble. So I gave her books a try. I have loved every book I have read by her.
This is the first book in the Big Sky Country series. She already has the second book out and I can't wait to read that one too!

I loved reading about Abigail and Wade's love story. It was not like the typical love stories I've read in the past. Of course with love stories the ending is pretty predictable, and you know at the end their going to get together. I know that going into every romance novel I read. But I can't help it, I love reading about happily-ever-afters. I like to read about people finding the ONE God has chosen for them. With this book Wade thinks all girls are the same. Because of his first marriage, he has sworn off women. Obviously, his first wife was not the one for him, so you wait for the one God has chosen. Doesn't mean you swear off women, you wait and when it's time God will bring her into your life. That happened to Wade, for five years he did not even look at a woman. Until Abigail came into his life then he couldn't stop thinking about her. He was instantly attracted to Abigail.
Abigail went into the nanny job, doing it to have something to do, while visiting her Great-Aunt Lucy, in Montana. But as the time flies, Maddy grows on Abigail, and so does Maddy's dad Wade. Abigail is right off attracted to Wade, and doesn't know why. He scowls all the time and is VERY distant. He keeps everyone at arms length. But she was still intrigued by him.
I did like the book, but I didn't like that Abigail kept her job, a reporter, a secret from Wade. When she found out he was J.W Ryan, instead of wanting to write an article about him she should have confronted him and told him then. And Wade should have told Abigail who he was when he started having feelings for her. But he didn't. I got annoyed with both of them, because of it.

Emily's Rating Of This Book:



My next book will be Dining With Joy by Rachel Hauck.



God Bless!

1 comment:

Rissi said...

Looking forward to this series. Denise Hunter has been an author that I've been anxious to try for a while now, and I just haven't yet. =)