Saturday, January 21, 2012

Second Chance Brides - Vickie McDonough



Summary of the book:
After a mail-order bride debacle, both Shannon O'Neil and Leah Bennett find themselves stranded in Texas. There are only two options available to them: get a job or find another man to marry. The Corbett brothers, Garrett and Mark, try to atone for the mess they created when they ordered their cousin three mail-order brides by hosting Saturday socials for the town's eligible singles. Will Shannon, the Irish immigrant, be wooed out of her timidity by the gallant rancher Rand Kesler? Or will Mark Corbett recognize something special in her green eyes? When the livery owner comes to Leah's rescue, will she find a diamond in the rough? Or snub him and seek out a more well-to-do man? The Lookout citizens are in for a wild ride before wedding bells toll again in town.


Sorry it so long to upload this review. Since school has started I have less time to blog. Also I started a job babysitting a little girl I even less time.

I read The Anonymous Bride months ago and could not wait to read the second book in the series. I loved The Anonymous Bride and fell in love with the characters. I could not help but feel sorry for Shannon and Leah as their stranded in a strange town and alone. Their only option is to either find a job or marry.

I loved both Shannon and Leah's characters. Shannon with her quiet personality, but don't get her mad or you'll see her Irish temper come out full swing! And Leah, with her strong-willed take charge personality.
Along with the Corbett brothers. Mark with his silent, mature personality until it comes to his brother pulling pranks on him then his temper comes out as well. I like Mark because he's compassionate, and gentle. And Garrett, who never quite grew up, and is a little boy in a grown mans body. I like Garrett because he likes to enjoy life and never take some things to seriously, he likes to live in the moment.

I loved that Vickie continued the story with Rachel and Luke as well. I loved reading about their story and I like that I can continue reading about their story with the second book. But I liked that she kept the focus on Leah and Shannon's love stories.
"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." - Isaiah 1:18
That verse kinda stuck out to me when I was reading this book. Mark felt he was a bad person for something he did in the past. Clearly our sins are made as white as snow because of the grace of God. Mark struggles to remember that he is made new in Jesus Christ. He almost loses Shannon because of his struggle.

Emily's Rating For This Book:


My next book is the last book in the Texas Boardinghouse Brides series Finally A Bride.




God Bless!

No comments: