Sunday, January 1, 2012

Two From Galilee - Majorie Holmes/The Cowboy's Homecoming - Brenda Minton

Sorry it took me awhile to post the review I was spending this week with my family.


Summary of the book:
This is the story of two real people whose lives were
touched by God: two people chosen by God to provide
an earthly home for His Son. Here are Mary and
Joseph-a teenage girl and a young carpenter-alone,
frightened, in love, faced with family conflict, a
hostile world and an awesome responsibility. It is a
story for young and old alike; for everyone who finds
the Christmas tale a source of timeless beauty and
wonder, a compassionate, emotional novel of divine
love.

I heard about this book two years ago but never had the chance to read it till this year. I LOVED it. With this book you get to read a different perspective of the Christmas story. You read Marys, Josephs, and her parents' side of the story. Which is interesting cause I've only read the version in the Bible. I read it every year on Christmas, and this year I read it along with this version. You get to read the feelings and reactions from Mary and Joseph. This book takes you back to that part of history and shows you how it was and the thoughts of the main people in the AMAZING story of Jesus' birth. I'd recommend this book to any who would LOVE to read a different angle to the Christmas story.

Emily's Rating For This Book:




The Cowboy's Homecoming

Summary of this book:
Former bad boy turned cowboy Jeremy Hightree is
back in town. And he wants to bulldoze an old
broken-down church. Problem is, his old love
Beth Bradshaw won't let him. She's got strong memories
of that church—and of him—and won't let him destroy it.
Then a storm sweeps through town,
and Back Street Church is the perfect shelter for
townspeople who've lost their homes.
As Jeremy and Beth work together to rebuild their
community, he realizes that God has led him back home
for a reason. And that this cowboy's homecoming just
might become permanent….

I saw this book and thought sure. It looked interesting. I was mistaken. It was not what I thought it would be. I found myself trying to force myself to finish the book. It was boring and predictable. Not much I can say about it. The only thing I liked about it was it took place in my state Oklahoma. I can vouch for the fact that the author knew her Oklahoma weather and knew it can change in an instant. It can be sunny one minute and in the next a storm and tornado is on its way. Which is what happens in the book.

Emily's Rating For This Book:


My next book is one I've been LONGING to read for a LONG time! Longing by Karen Kingsbury!!!

No comments: