Friday, January 27, 2012

Snowflake Bride - Jillian Hart



Summary Of The Book:
Grateful when she's hired as the Davises' maid,
Ruby Ballard vows to help save her family's farm.
There's just one problem: the boss's handsome son,
Lorenzo. He makes her forget family duty, forget her
lowly place, even forget her friends who are in love
with him! But his love is a gift that could never be
hers—not even for Christmas.

Lorenzo knows Ruby is the only woman he could marry.
Yet the quiet beauty refuses his courtship.
As the holidays approach, he will make both their
wishes come true, when he claims her at last as his
snowflake bride.


I've read all the other books in this series, and I liked them all. Everything about them. Ruby was introduced in Meredeth's story, Patchwork Bride . I liked Ruby from then on. Ruby was the shy new girl just trying to fit in. I can relate to that. I'm terribly shy, and I try SUPER hard to fit in. She also struggled with she thought she was plain and no guy is gonna look at her with adoring eyes. Again I can relate, I don't think I'm pretty, personally, I hear people say I am but I don't believe them. I think all girls struggle with this. It's hard to think that a really handsome guy is gonna turn our way.
Ruby struggled with the same thing. She secretly liked Lorenzo, but she figured a guy like that is never gonna like her, the plain shy new girl.
On the other side, Lorenzo said he fell in love with Ruby the minute he saw her. But he thought since she never showed any interest in him she didn't like him. So they both thought the other would never like the other, when in truth they both loved each other.
I understood how Ruby was feeling, but I did get frustrated with her when she was constantly saying Lorenzo would never love her. Then she continued to say she shouldn't love him, cause Scarlett and Kate had a crush on him. But you can't help who you love. Especially with he's the one God made for you!

"Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth." -
1 John 3:18
I thought Lorenzo showed this in the book. He did things for Ruby not to get noticed, but because he loved Ruby and he wanted the best for her. He would go out of his way just to help Ruby. I thought that was just SO sweet! I definitely want a Lorenzo Davis in my life! :D


Emily's Rating Of This Book:



My next book is a new series for me. The Ladies' Shooting Club. The first book is The Sheriff's Surrender by Susan Page Davis.


God bless!

No comments: