Friday, January 13, 2012

Dining With Joy - Rachel Hauck



Summary Of This Book:
Joy Ballard has a secret:
she's a cooking show host who can't really cook.

When her South Carolina-based cooking show, Dining With Joy,
is picked up by a major network,
Joy Ballard's world heats up like a lowcountry boil.

Joy needs help. Then she meets chef Luke Davis
who moved to Beaufort after losing his Manhattan restaurant.
A cook at the Frogmore Cafe,
he's paying debts and longing to regain his
reputation in the elite foodie world.

Luke and Joy mix like oil and water…until
Joy is exposed on national television.
With her career and his reputation both under fire,
they'll have to work together to fix the mess.
Is it possible that they can learn to
feast on God's love and dine with joy?

This book caught my eye while I was browsing through my local library. I've never heard of Rachel Hauck before, so she's a new author. I was just blankly looking at ALL the books on the shelf, let me tell you, my paradise is just walking through a library! :D But I was walking around just browsing and found this book, read the description of the book, and thought it sounded interesting.
Let me tell you, the description did not disappoint. I was hooked by the first chapter, and never got unhooked! I loved reading about the back and forth between Joy and Luke. It was comical and sweet at the same time, if that makes sense. Joy brought out the funny, class-clown in Luke, and Luke brought out the inner cook in Joy. He helped her see that her dad, did care about her, did things just for her. Helped her get over the bitterness she held toward her dad.
I think my favorite part of the book was when Joy was unsuspectingly put into a Cook-Off with her nemesis Wenda Divine. Luke steps in to help her and out of the gratefulness she felt toward him came out in a passionate kiss in the middle of the Cook-Off!
If this book is any indication of Rachel Hauck's other books, then I'll be definitely reading other books by her!

Emily's Rating Of This Book:


My next book will be Second Chance Brides by Vickie McDonough.


God Bless!

No comments: