Sunday, October 2, 2011

His Holiday Bride - Jillian Hart



Summary of the book:
Big-city sheriffs don't belong in tiny Wild Horse,
Wyoming. At least that's what rancher Autumn Granger
thinks when handsome Ford Sherman sweeps into town
and sets his sights on her. A country cowgirl,
she can't possibly be his match. Like most newcomers,
he'll eventually get restless with small-town life
and leave it—and her—behind. But when rustlers
attack her family's ranch, Ford helps her protect
Granger territory. She finds herself hoping that
he really is in Wild Horse to stay. Could her
holiday wish of a happily ever after with this
handsome lawman come true?

Jillian Hart was actually the author that got me reading Christian Romances. The first Christian romance I read was from her series the McKaslin Clan: A McKaslin Homecoming. I really liked that book so much I decided to read more of hers. That led to reading any Christian romance I could get my hands on!
So hear it is two years later and I'm now reading through her Granger Family Ranch series. I read the first book in that series, and in that book I admired Autumn for her spunk. I've loved reading the series, reading about their family. I enjoy that Jillian continues the other family members story throughout the books. In this book His Holiday Bride Justin and Rori who got together in the third book, (Technically the first cause it's the first of Frank Granger's family.) The Rancher's Promise . And now in His Holiday Bride we read about their wedding.
I really enjoyed this book. Sometimes I feel like Autumn, not wanting to trust guys to date. (Well, I've never dated but I feel like shouldn't trust them.) Sometimes guys can be so untrustworthy to the point I don't feel like trusting them enough to date. Autumn feels the same but, she has had guys say she's unlovable cause she likes working right next to her father and brother. Then she meets Ford Sherman, a guy who is instantly attracted to her especially for her love of working the ranch. He ends up spending most of the book trying to show her he loves her. I want a guy like that! :D You should definitely read her series Granger Family Ranch!

Emily's Rating of the Book:


The next book I'll be doing is Ransome's Honor by Kaye Dacus.

No comments: